Welcome to Sherwi Khangba Center
Tashi Delek! Namaste! Welcome!
Welcome to Sherwi Khangba Center, an ancient traditional Sherpa house dedicated to preserving Sherpa culture in the Everest region of Nepal. A personal effort of Mr. Lhakpa Sonam Sherpa, Sherwi Khangba Center has the following:
- A Sherpa Culture Museum - where ancient Sherpa artifacts are on display.
- Mount Everest Documentation Center - complete and systematic documents on Sherpa climbers.
- Sherpa Culture Photo Gallery - exhibiting Sherpa culture, tradition and lifestyle in photographs.
- Khumbu International Library - contains huge collection of books on mountains, flora and fauna, people, etc.
- International Conference Hall - A world class conference hall available for renting.
- Hotel Sherwi Khangba - where one can experience the legendary Sherpa hospitality.
Please browse through the website and let us know how we can be of your service while you are in the Everest region.
Lhakpa Sonam Sherpa - proprietor/curator. Click here to learn more about Lhakpa Sonam Sherpa